Tuesday, February 17, 2009

NO PEEKING, Erin!!!

I finished the first of several baby knits. I'm saying "several" because the list keeps growing. And changing. And growing. I've been getting so excited about all these new people I'm going to meet (you know, when they finally get born) and suddenly baby knits are so stinkin' cute! And have you smelled that baby aisle in the grocery store??? It's heaven. I might have baby fever. Make that: Other People's Babies Fever.


I wish I could knit heirloom lace cashmere afghans for each and every one of these babies, but I'd go bananas. Plus there are so many cute baby things to be ordered online! Some of the baby stuff on Etsy is impossible to resist. So for baby gift #1, I kept the knitting small, but I think mom-to-be will appreciate the entire ensemble. Now, I realize that there are people out there who may be somewhat horrified at the thought of dressing a teensy little bundle of joy this way, but Mom has a tattoo of a flaming roller skate, and in all likelihood, there's a mohawk in this kid's not-so-distant future, so you can see why it was the right thing to do.





I used just a fraction of a skein of Brown Sheep Nature Spun Worsted on size 6 needles. You can find the free hat pattern here, the onesie here, and mom-to-be here and here.
(Erin, did you peek? They should make "punkling" onesies in your size. :P)

15 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Ok these are adorable!!!!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Maryse said...

It'll be really cute...

9:35 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

i agree with the baby fever! (other people's babies of course ;)

2:19 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Totally adorable. I'd dress my kiddo up in them anytime.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Very cool!!!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Too cute!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

That ensemble is so cute I just might die. Punkling! Aaaah, so cute!!!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

VERY cute! I've had 5 friends give birth in the past 2.5 months, so I've been churning out the baby knits too, but more traditional stuff (BSJs, Sophie bunnies...). I really should do more punk!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are so awesome!!

2:17 AM  
Blogger thistledowns wool & cotton said...

this is pretty darn cute!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

I love that hat! I've got a bunch of darling preggo friends that I'm beginning to think about knitting for, and this hat would be too perfect. Thanks for the great inspiration!

- Julie

11:27 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

that hat is awesome :)

2:54 PM  
Blogger nj said...

Very Cute!

1:52 AM  
Blogger david santos said...

Brilliant!!!!
Congratulations!!!!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

So cute! And that onesie is awesome. I need something like that for my six year old (who recently was the hit of an adult party with her air guitar performance)

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home