Thursday, January 01, 2009

new year, new shop!

I'm excited to announce that my brand new Small Bird Jewelry site is finally up and running! I've been working behind the scenes for a while, and I'm still doing a bit of tweaking here and there, but for the most part, things are good to go and the shop is open for business!



I've been selling on Etsy for close to two years, and my time there has been great. I've learned a lot and grown a lot, but after considering all the pros and cons, I felt that it was time to move forward. Just a bit. I'm reluctant and even a little sad to leave Etsy. It's been Small Bird's first and only home...I'm comfortable there...you know how to find me there...and there's something rather nice about being part of the Etsy neighborhood. But I've already started moving items from the Etsy shop to the Small Bird shop, and soon www.smallbirdjewelry.com will be my new online home. I'm excited to have my own little piece of The Internets, but I'm kind of nervous--I feel like I'm moving to a place where I don't really know anyone, so I do hope you'll come visit me in my new digs! Be sure to update your bookmarks and subscribe to the Small Bird RSS feed to see the latest item listings.

I know that you guys--knitters and bloggers--have made up the vast majority of my customers, and I can't thank you enough for your support and kind words and encouragement as I've attempted to grow my little jewelry business.

Happy New Year! I hope 2009 holds good things for you.

17 Comments:

Blogger Kimberlyn said...

Jenna,

The site is so pretty and well-done. I will keep you in mind for upcoming birthday and Christmas gifts!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!! Have a very Happy New Year and wishing you great success in 2009. I'll definitely come visit your store for gifting needs in the future.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll surely follow you! the new site looks great, jenna!
happy new year to you, friend!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, congratulations!

A few days ago, I decided I needed a pair of amethyst earrings to go with a sudden influx of purple in my wardrobe. My husband said "Go check out that Etsy shop, I bet she's got something." So I did, and you did. Go figure:)

Good luck!

Laurie G.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great move for the new year. You can count me in as a lurker and customer. Good luck with everything.
Happy New Year!

2:50 AM  
Blogger knitting harvest said...

Congrats on the new site! It looks beautiful and streamlined.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
I know your admirers will find you where ever you go. The site looks great!! kku

9:35 AM  
Blogger E to the M said...

I love the new store!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

congrats! your work is really really beautiful.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Maryse said...

Happy New Year 2009! Congratulations for you new web site! I just visited for the first time and it is definitely very interesting... Very very nice... I will look at this more closely...

8:56 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

congrats on the big move! i love the new store. it's pretty and works well :) perfect for you!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

That is so exciting!!!! Congrats!!!!

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Havn't seen you in a while but the site looks lovely! I need to get back on my blog as well and keep in tough, or make it to a Thurs knit knight!
happy New year to you!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Congrats! The site is beautiful, as is (of course) all the jewelry in it!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your web site is beautiful! What a big step to start your own shop! I'm putting together my own web site right now but I'm gonna stick with etsy a little while longer. Good luck with your new shop!

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Happy 2009 to you!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

jenna, the site looks great, so much talent! Hope to see you on a Thurs! i am due now so might be a few weeks. I finally got back to blogging,come visit!
Michelle

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home