Saturday, January 24, 2009

lace legwarmers

I completed my first finished knit of 2009! Yes, the legwarmers turned out ok. More than ok, actually. I am still aggravated by the yarn requirement issue in the pattern (see mods and gripes in my previous post), but after blocking, they are 16" in total length, which is just right for how I want to wear them. And the yarn itself is really soft and a very pretty, natural color. So overall, I'm happy with the finished product! The process? Not so much. But as I said before, this project was all about the product anyway. All's well that ends well. Heh. Legwarmers...who would've thought?

More pics on Flickr.

16 Comments:

Blogger Maryse said...

Nice... I'm gonna be thinking about this... Leg warmers hey? Looks like everything you make looks really really good. Congratulations!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

They look great!!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

They are adorable. I checked out flickr... I was looking for additional pictures of your boots - LOVE them!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Chris Tolomei (alicethelma) said...

Lovely! Beautiful pattern. What is the wool used?

5:46 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

I love the legwarmers. The look fantastic and you wear them well. I absolutely must knit myself a pair now!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The legwarmers are so cute! What a neat pattern.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

those legwarmers are awesome, great job!! they look so cozy.

- Julie

11:29 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

They are super cute! The result seems worth all the bother. Shame on Classic Elite for their wishful thinking in the 1-skein dept.

10:34 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

aw, jenna! they are super pretty! i love them :) sorry to hear that it was such a pain in the neck to knit though :(

6:16 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

They look great despite all the frustrations.....perfect first FO for the year!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

They're gorgeous! I MUST have a pair to wear with my cowboy boots.

10:59 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

they are FABULOUS!!!!!
i love them with your boots.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

The leg warmers came out great! The natural color really works for that pattern, too! Diggin' the boots btw.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an INSANELY good knitter!

2:30 PM  
Blogger bjl said...

fantastic! great pic, too. are those new boots?

8:43 AM  
Blogger knitlit kate said...

love the way they look peeking out of the top of those boots. totally cool.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home